Did your mouth water by reading this recipe headline? Yeah, us too...
In our recent 'Beer Geeks' episode at Rogue Ales & Spirits Brewery, Michael Ferguson hits the kitchen to help make a Chipotle Chicken Pasta with Irish-style lager marinade and a chipotle ale sauce at Rogue Ales and Spirits - enjoy the clip & step-by-step recipe below:
Rogue's Chipotle Ale Chicken Pasta With Lager Marinade
- 5 LBS of Chicken Cutlets
- 2 oz of Sliced Red & Green Bell Peppers
- .5 oz Garlic Clove
- .25 oz of Chipotle Concentrate
- .25 oz of Grated Parmesan
- 1 oz of Yellow Onions
- 4 oz of Penne Rigate
- 2 oz of Rogue's Chipotle Ale Beer
- 4 oz of Heavy Cream
- 1 TSP of Dried Basil
- 1 TSP of Dried Thyme
- Fresh Parsley for Garnish
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
The Irish Lager Marinade
- ½ Quart of Rogue's Irish Style Lager
- 3/8 Cup of Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup of Rice Vinegar
- ½ Cup of Soy
- 1/8 Cup of Dried Thyme
- ¼ Cup Granulated Garlic
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all ingredients. Pour marinade over thawed chicken breasts and marinade over night.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and place on grill. Bake the chicken breasts at 400 degrees until they reach a temperature of 165 degrees (20-25 minutes).
- Cool the chicken in a walk-in until cool enough to handle. Cool for an hour
- Cut the chicken into julienned stripes and store.
- Sweat onions, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper until tender (2-3 minutes) in a pan. Add garlic and chicken and cook for another for 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan with Chipotle Ale. Add chipotle concentrate, dried thyme, dried basil, salt and pepper. Allow beer to reduce slightly for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in cream and simmer until thickened. Stir in pre-weighted pre-cooked pasta and heat through.Toss it together. Add Parmesan and toss.
- Place in a bowl and top with grated Parmesan and parsley.
- Enjoy with a side of your favorite Rogue beer - cheers!
Tasting Notes About The Beer In This Recipe:
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.