Bangers and mash with a barley wine twist? Sign us up!
In our recent 'Beer Geeks' episode at Central Waters Brewing Co, Michael Ferguson hits the kitchen at T-Dubs Restaurantto help make a traditional dish packed with an explosion of beer-infused deliciousness.
Get inspired & start cooking with this latest 'Beer Geeks' approved recipe:
t-DUBS Bangers and mash
- 8 lbs of ground pork
- 2 lbs of lard
- 14 oz of Tomato Jam
- ¼ cup of Jalapeno
- 1 TBSP ground cloves
- 1 Bottle of Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barley Wine
- 2 Limes Zested with Juice
- 2 TBSP Salt
- 1 TBSP Black Pepper
- Sausage Casings
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 4 Carrots, Chopped
- 1 Bunch of Parsley
- Make sausage meat by mixing sausage ingredients together in one bowl.
- Place seasoned sausage meat in stuffer & stuff casings with meat as you twist and separate to make sausage links.
- Place chopped up stock veggies in a roasting pan & top with your newly stuffed sausages, pour barley wine into pan & cover with tin foil before placing in oven to bake for 25-35 minutes.
- After the sausages bake - finish them off by grilling them for 7-10 minutes. Serve grilled sausage with mashed potatoes and caramelized onions.
- Toast the corn tortillas in a dry skillet until dry, crisp and golden. Tear into pieces and set aside.
- Enjoy with a side of your favorite Central Waters Brewing Co beer - cheers!
Tasting Notes About The Beer in This Recipe
Bourbon Barrel Stout
- Central Waters Brewing Co.'s most highly sought after beer, this imperial stout is aged to perfection in oak bourbon barrels. Look for this tasty treat to contain hints of bourbon and vanilla with roasted overtones that is sure to please any connoisseur's palate. Serve this beer at cellar temperature from a snifter glass, and enjoy this expression of thier passion for brewing. Visit Central Waters Brewing Co's website to learn more about their beers.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.