In our recent 'Beer Geeks' episode at Noble Ale Works Brewery, Michael Ferguson hits the kitchen at Playground Restaurant to help make coconut curry mussels and potatoes infused with a specialty black garlic beer from Noble Ale Works Brewery- get inspired & get cooking with the clip & step-by-step recipe below!
Coconut Curry Beer-Infused Mussels & Potatoes
- 1 lb of freshly cooked & shucked mussels
- 1 cup of Noble Ale Works 'Black & Yellow' Beer
- 1 can of coconut milk
- ½ cup of palm sugar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- ½ cup of diced shallots
- 1 lemon grass stalk finely chopped
- ½ TSP of chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ TSP of dried red chili flakes
- ½ cup of lime juice
- ½ TSP of fish sauce
- 1 cup of cooked & cubed potatoes
- Cilantro for Garnish
- Over medium to low heat add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a saute pan. Add shallots, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, palm sugar & beer, stir to combine. Let bubble up until broth has reduced.
- Once broth has reduced add coconut milk & stir to combine. Add lime juice & fish sauce & stir. Drain aromatics from broth and add cooked mussels & potatoes to drained broth. Mix everything together & top with chopped cilantro & chili flakes for added heat.
- Enjoy with a side of your favorite Noble Ale Works beer - cheers!
Editorial Note: Unfortunately Playground Restaurant did not disclose their recipe for this dish so the recipe above reflects our best judgement on the measurements used. Cooking as you know is experimental so feel free to tweak the formula to your personal taste!
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.