There are about 25 Christmas songs and about 8,000 different versions of each of them. Many celebrities are quick to release a Christmas album in order to make a few extra bucks. But here's the problem with these Christmas songs and albums. Because there are so many versions of the same songs, everybody feels a need to mix things up, do something different, when in reality the original version of Hark the Herald Angels Sing is just fine the way it is. So here at Daily ReHash we present the Top 5 Worst Christmas Song Remakes.
5. Justin Bieber ft. Busta Rhymes - Little Drummer BoyThe song starts out like a jazzed up version of Little Drummer Boy but quickly falls out of line when both Justin and Busta rap lyrics like, "Playin' for the King, playin for the Title, I'm surprised you didn't hear this in the Bible. I'm so tight, I might go psycho. Christmas time so here's a recital." and "People everywhere and all our Twitter followers, "Merry Christmas, Kwanza, happy Hanukkah!""
4. Christina Aguilera - Oh Holy NightWith a voice like Christina's, you'd think she couldn't screw up one of the most vocally challenging Christmas songs. Oh but she does. While her vocals are good, half way through the song she whispers The Lord's Prayer. Then a choir comes in and we're back on track...until the songs takes a turn again for the blues and Christina breaks it down with some weird jazz vocals.
3. Twisted Sister - Oh Come All Ye FaithfulHey Dee, I don't think Oh Come All Ye Faithful is supposed to be a terrifying song. We could barely listen long enough to see the entire video which adds to the awfulness of it all.
And just because we noticed, Twisted Sister did a music video sequel for the song Silver Bells.
2. Regis Philbin and Donald Trump - Rudolph The Red Nose ReindeerEverything about this is just confusing. And in the end Donald Trump does end up firing someone. Seriously.
1. David Hasselhoff - Feliz NavidadIf the song Feliz Navidad wasn't annoying enough already, just imagine it sung by David Hasselhoff. Yeesh.
Now everybody knows that one of the most popular Christmas songs is Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You." But Kelly Clarkson recently released her Christmas album this year, "Wrapped In Red" and we're wondering if her song, "Underneath the Tree" might upstage Mariah's classic in years to come. What do you think?
Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree
Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
- Five Christmas songs - "The Little Drummer Boy" / "Peace on Earth" - Bing Crosby and David Bowie (boog3rsugar.wordpress.com)
- The Best Christmas Songs You've Never Heard Part III (adoptingjames.wordpress.com)
- Michael Buble answers our Christmas Song Questionnaire: Your turn! (popwatch.ew.com)
- Kindergartner Signs Christmas Songs So Deaf Parents Can Follow Along (ktla.com)
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.