Posted by Leah Singerman
So, it would be fair to say Netflix has a huge amount of control over America right now, thanks to its shipping service, its streaming, and now its original content- a huge, huge thing in the history of television. So, where do you go once you've championed all those things?
LEGO, of course.
With the new Netflix service Pley, you can actually sign up to receive LEGO sets to build and send back for a monthly fee. Can you imagine the possibilities?
So, from what we know, here's the lowdown.
- you can start with a free trial
- no trouble if you lose a few pieces (it's inevitable)
- they sanitize sets between uses
- there's even a photo gallery to post pictures of you and your lego set (unless you think that's kind of awkward. We're on the fence.)
- there are different levels of membership, and the lower levels mean sucker sets
- you can only get one set at a time
So it looks like it's worth it if you typically spend a bunch on LEGOs anyway, to the point that $39/month would actually be helping you out. Cause if you pay the lowest level ($15), you're getting, like, pretty much nothing.
Who wants to try it and let us know how it goes? Hit us up in the comments below or tweet us @DweebCast.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.