Mike Tyson turns 49 today and we just wanted to give a birthday shout out to the former heavyweight champ, recent theater star, and Hangover cameo extraordinaire. We had Tyson on Larry King Now back in 2013, when he joined former rival Evander Holyfield to talk about their infamous 1997 bout... ear incident and all.
Here are a few facts we learned about the boxer:
1. He apologized for biting Evander Holyfield's ear -- which happened 18 years ago this week -- "I said sorry!"
2. He struggled with alcohol and substance abuse, but the hardest times for him to stay away were not when things were bad, but when things were going great in his life.
3. Don King taught him "what not to do" in promoting
4. He considers himself only an "OK" fighter
5. He got inspired to do theater when he and his wife saw Chazz Palminteri doing A Bronx Tale on stage.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.