On Saturday night, Jesse Ventura was on In Depth with Graham Bensinger.Out of the many interviews the Governor gives, this one in particular captured a candid side of him the media rarely sees. Here are some of the #OffTheGrid team’s favorite moments.
During his conversation with Graham Bensinger, Jesse Ventura opened up about the first movie he ever acted in: Predator.
Here are 5 things you might not know about the film:
1. Jesse’s 20-year habit of chewing tobacco helped him land the role of Blain Cooper in Predator.
2. Claude Van Damme was fired from playing the role of the Predator – which was also his first job in Hollywood - for complaining too much.
3. Jesse’s favorite line in Predator? “Makes Cambodia look like Kansas.”
4. The famous Blain Cooper line “I ain’t got time to bleed” was almost cut from the movie.
5. Jesse knew the line was going to get in the movie because the director, John McTiernan, never showed any emotion on set, but he walked away from the scene laughing after Jesse said his famous line.
To watch Jesse talk about his behind-the-scenes moments on Predator, click here.
Jesse Ventura also spoke about his friendship with Predator star Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Here are 5 things you might not know about the two celebrities:
1. Jesse Ventura sides with Maria Shriver over Schwarzenegger's infidelity.
2. Arnold and Jesse haven’t spoken for many years, and Jesse feels it is “very unlikely” that they’d be close friends again, mostly because Arnold cheated on his wife.
3. Jesse Ventura says Arnold is one of the most focused people he’s ever met.
4. While filming Predator, Arnold turned down making Predator 2 because he felt the timing wasn’t right. At the time, he was offered $14 million dollars to do the second film.
5. What Jesse learned from Arnold Schwarzenegger: do not to read a script unless the money is right because if you read it and like it, you might be biased about the money.
To watch Jesse Ventura open up about Arnold Schwarzenegger, click here.
In case you missed it, Jesse Ventura also talked about some behind-the-scenes moments in pro-wrestling with the one and only Rowdy Roddy Piper on the "We The People with Jesse Ventura" podcast.
Listen to their last interview together here:
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC its affiliates, or its employees.
More from Jesse Ventura's Off The Grid
Jesse Ventura: How Bernie Sanders Sold Out
Jesse Ventura remembers his hero, Muhammad Ali
Jesse Ventura: Snowden performed public service & is a hero
Jesse Ventura: Why voters should listen to Gov. Gary Johnson
Jesse Ventura: Clinton will do anything to win, even pick Sanders as VP
Jesse Ventura: Here's one reason why I can’t be president
Is there hope for our economy? Most Americans don’t think so.
Jesse Ventura: I am not running for president