Tonight on PoliticKING, Mika Brzezinski tells Larry King why women should stop playing 'nice' on salary issues.
Here's five things you probably didn't know about Mika from MSNBC's "Morning Joe:"
- She spent 20 years trying to be perky like the beauty queens on TV, and none of it ever worked because it didn't reflect her personality. She considers herself "the bitter housewife" of the morning shows.
- She's been in television for 25 years, and worked with the likes of Ed Bradley and Dan Rather.
- Her pairing with Joe Scarborough is unlike other anchor pairings in television because it wasn't put together by management. Joe and Mika made the choice to work together.
- Her SAT scores were the lowest of any student ever accepted to Williams College. She's claimed that her brothers "were intellectually far superior to me. My parents found me very difficult to educate."
- The best advice she's ever been given: Don’t take anything personally.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.