Let's face it - sometimes you just don't have the time to cook. Here are some simple recipes from Haylie's "Real Girl's Kitchen" cookbook & blog + a bonus recipe from one of our favorite health blogs that your guests will think you spent all afternoon cooking!
Asparagus and Prosciutto Crescent Rolls
(almost impressed the King!)
- 1 Dozen Asparagus spears
- ½ cup grated asiago
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Roll 2 asparagus spears, a pinch of asiago and a piece of prosciutto into each crescent roll
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Delicata "Maple" Squash & Kale Salad
- 1 Delicata Squash
- Sliced Almonds
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice squash in half long ways and scoop out seeds
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes
- Remove squash from oven and brush maple syrup down the squash
- Place back in oven for 10 minutes or until squash is soft
- Slice squash into half rings
- Wash kale
- Arrange kale, almonds, cheese and squash on a platter
BONUS RECIPE! Spicy Ultimate Guacamole
via Food Blogger and Nutritionist, Meg Doll, from A Dash of Meg
- 3 ripe avocados
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes diced
- 2 TBSP red onion diced fine
- 1 TSP red chili flakes or fresh jalapeno pepper chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or chopped fine
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients and serve with your favourite cracker or chip!
And if you haven't seen it yet be sure to check out Haylie Duff's latest "Real Girls Kitchen" episode - with Larry King!
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.