Guys can be pretty picky when it comes to the food. They’re all about the meat and potatoes, while us ladies tend to be all about the salads and vegetables. It may seem like an impossible task to win your guy over to the healthier side, but Haylie proves otherwise in the latest episode of“The Real Girl's Kitchen,” where it turns out, her “girly” healthy dishes, maybe aren’t quite so girly after all!
Next time you’re looking for something healthy (for you) and tasty (for him) try cooking up one of Haylie’s recipes- we’re pretty sure your guy won’t be able to resist!
Haylie's Kale Chips
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1-2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Wash and dry kale very thoroughly (the drier the kale, the crunchier the chip.) Tear the kale into bite-sized pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the kale with the vinegar until fully coated. Lay the kale out to dry on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Once the vinegar has dried, spray olive oil across the kale and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Check the kale every few minutes. Remove any pieces that are turning color more quickly than the rest.
Haylie's Celery Fennel Apple Salad
- 2 green apples
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Thinly slice the apple, celery and fennel.
- Toss with the parmesan and herbs.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper & enjoy!
We also asked our favorite food bloggers to share their 'Guy-Food' approved recipes:
Kathy's Vegan Philly Cheese Sandwich:
1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
1/4 tsp black pepper
A few dashes chipotle or cayenne powder for heat
Salt to taste
1-2 tsp oil (EVOO or other to saute)
Averie's Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix:
2/3 cup canola, vegetable, or olive oil
1 one-ounce packet ranch dip seasoning mix powder
4 cups popcorn, popped
3 1/2 cups pretzels
1/2 to 1 cup peanuts, almonds, cashews, or favorite nuts or mixed nuts
3 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Haylie’s got a few more bbq'ing recipes (and maybe a trick or two) up her sleeve so make sure to check out the latest episode of 'The Real Girl's Kitchen,' here's a sneak peek:
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.