Our girl Haylie Duff will be stopping by the 'Today Show' on July 1st to whip up some delicious - 'The Real Girl's Kitchen' inspired Fourth of July appetizer recipes with Kathie Lee and Hoda, but needs your help to decide which recipe to make! Take a look at the recipes below, then click here to vote for the one you want to see made on the show!
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 5-6 Jalapenos, cut in half & seeds removed
- 1 Small Container of Cream Cheese
- 1 package of Bacon
- Maple Syrup
- Using a small spoon, scoop cream cheese and press a small amount in to each jalapeno. You want to use enough to fill the pepper, but if you use too much it will weigh the pepper down. Wrap bacon around the pepper and secure with tooth picks.
- To bake: Bake peppers on a baking rack layered over a larger non-stick pan so the grease from the bacon can drip down. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until bacon is nice and crisp.
- To grill: Place peppers cheese side down first before the cheese has a chance to get to warm. That way the bacon can get a nice char on the top. Flip peppers over and finish them, cheese facing up.
- Once removed from heat, drizzle maple syrup across top and serve.
- 1 Kielbasa Sausage
- 1 can of Beer
- Whole Grain Mustard (optional for dipping)
- ¼ Dijon Mustard (optional for dipping)
- Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces. Add to a hot skillet and brown the sausage for about 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low-medium and pour in enough beer to barely cover the sausage. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- For dipping sauce: I like to mix whole grain mustard and Dijon mustard to dip the sausages in.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded, sometimes two chickens if they are small
- 4 heaping tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning
- ½ cup of red hot buffalo sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop celery, chop green onions, and shred chicken.
- Combine all ingredients and press into a baking dish.
- Bake approximately 15-20 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
- Serve this with chip, celery, carrots and radishes.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.