SNL's Cold Open this weekend was hilarious (and didn't go on and on and on...and on.) Cast member Bobby Moynihan nails an impression of Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford.
Don't know much about the Rob Ford scandal? Here's a quick synopsis. He's the crazy Mayor of Toronto, does crack, has been offered his own TV show, has a problem with losing his cool in front of cameras, and last week Toronto City Council stripped of some of his mayoral power but are keeping him for the remainder of his term. Supposedly he still has a 40% approval rating in Toronto and would like to run for Prime Minister.
Say what you will about Rob Ford, but he has to be the healthiest crackhead of all time!! #Canada#Healthcare
— James Draper (@JDraperComedy) November 15, 2013
Prior to Rob Ford's press conference, Canadians were best known for eating POUTINE
— Eliza Bayne (@ElizaBayne) November 14, 2013
The most shocking thing about the Rob Ford scandal is how Americans are paying attention to Canadian politics.
— Kelkulus (@kelkulus) November 14, 2013
Based on how Rob Ford looks, I feel like maybe he should do a lot more coke.
— Michelle Wolf (@michelleisawolf) November 16, 2013
Rob Ford stripped of most of his powers. Great, just what he needs--more free time.
— Gerard Mulligan (@GerardMulligan1) November 16, 2013
Stressful week. Going full Rob Ford tonight. #crack
— Zach Braff (@zachbraff) November 16, 2013
Rob Ford is the gift that keeps on giving.— Ethan Venable (@NFXFSX) November 18, 2013
- Rob Ford look-alike says he gets mistaken for him 'all the time' (sunnewsnetwork.ca)
- Rob Ford scandal is rubbing off on Stephen Harper, Thomas Mulcair says: 'They're going to have to wear it now' (news.nationalpost.com)
- Rob Ford Wants To Run For Prime Minister Of Canada (VIDEO) (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- SNL Lampoons Mayor Rob Ford and 60 Minutes During Cold Open (mediaite.com)
- Rob Ford Understands Why No One Likes Him (mediabistro.com)
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC, its affiliates, or its employees.