For inquiries about jobs and internships, please contact Careers@Ora.tv. Ora TV hosts interns year-round and considers interns an integral part of our team. We are committed to providing each intern with a valuable educational and professional experience. Unfortunately we cannot respond to every email.
Director, Audience Development Strategist
As an audience development strategist you will live and breathe Ora TV. You will work at the intersection of technology, product development, marketing, advertising and show development. You love building content-driven initiatives and creating sustainable connections between content and audience. You will be required to identify, test and manage ongoing audience growth campaigns and best practices. You will work across cross-functional groups and use actionable data to frame and structure content and product optimizations.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building audiences for tv shows and media franchises . This role will set forth a show and network specific strategy to drive audience growth across our network. This is a groundbreaking role at Ora TV therefore an entrepreneurial spirit is required. You must be a self-starter who is both savvy online and aware of the trends in media.
- Manage and interpret online analytics, Define viewership patterns and make recommendations based on findings
- Run weekly editorial meetings and help set the vision for programming schedule
- Develop and test new audience development tactics
- Promote the advancement of a data-driven culture across the organization.
- Identify new internal and external opportunities to grow site traffic, and close on them.
- Develop and execute customer acquisition and retention plans
- Lead initiatives to better understand our users and develop strategies to leverage that data to deliver more personalized products and experiences.
- Lead key analytical projects to deliver actionable insights and recommendations for enhancing products, growing traffic, deepening user engagement and maximizing revenues.
- Identify new internal and external opportunities to grow site traffic
- 5+ years experience audience development or related field
- Demonstrated ability to drive viewership and online growth
- Deep understanding of the online video space
- Exceptional communication skill
- Analytical problem solver
- Collaborative, yet self-driving and autonomous
Publicity/Social Media Assistant
- Previous publicity experience including a documented track record of success. Familiarity with Cision - how to pull, manage, and maintain lists. A knowledge of mailchimp or other mass mailing server - including how to create press releases with photos/video elements.
- A basic understanding of Political and Entertainment topics and current news as well as how to use social media as a promotional tool.
- Strong writing abilities - previous experience in journalism or writing press material.
- Daily tasks include researching and pitching to celebrity fan base sites, researching and submitting to awards opportunities, keeping track of the daily, weekly, and monthly schedules for Ora programing to gather information for pitches in a timely fashion, working closely with the production team.
- Strong Editorial Judgment
- Self-starter that doesn't require micromanaging - capable of multitasking and working on both Pacific and Eastern time zones.
Social Media Experience:
- Prior knowledge of how to navigate and interact on social media sites like Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and blogs to gain viewers on an online digital network.
- Ability to use photoshop or similar program (PicMonkey) to create specialized memes for shows, guests, and topics.
- Daily tasks include managing weekly and daily social media reports, researching blogs/niche groups that would be interested in a show/topic/episode, interacting with these groups, joining discussion boards/leaving comments on blogs. Emailing cross promotional tools to producers/guests. Developing unique online content and blogging for Ora.
About Ora TV:
Ora TV brings you BIG personalities; big personalities you know and love & big personalities we know you're going to fall for with outstanding, original shows everyday. We hope to make you laugh, to make you think, and to show you what’s going on in the world.
Click in whenever you want. Whether you have 60 seconds or 60 minutes, we're here for you with great shows to fit your mood and schedule.
Your life is on-demand so your entertainment should be too. We bring you premium programming wherever you are. Check us out on your desktop computer, tablet, mobile device or Roku player.