Two months after a fracking blowout sent toxic materials spewing into Arlington, Texas fire officials have finally concluded their investigation.

An article by an ABC affiliate says that back in April, 100 homes in Arlington, Texas were allegedly evacuated due to a mishap at a Vantage Energy drilling site that caused 42,800 gallons of toxic fluid to spew onto city streets.

After a two-month long investigation, Arlington authorities have reportedly confirmed the cause of the spill: equipment failure. According to Arlington Fire Chief, Don Crowson, the drilling company mishandled the spill.

The report shows that Vantage Energy first contacted 911 nearly two hours after fracking water first started to spill, and that the call came not from the site, but from the company's corporate headquarters in Pennsylvania. 

What is even crazier is that the same site had allegedly spilled 1,500 gallons of fracking water into the streets a month prior. 

Vantage Energy has been issued a citation and has agreed to reimburse the city $84,000 for the second spill, as the first one had not shown up in the city's reports. 

"In the meantime, drilling operations remain shut down and will not resume until the city does a final inspection and the folks across the street and those affected are given official notification."

Fracking incidents like these have led to many citizen protests. Just this week, a 92-year-old woman and her son were arrested in Denton, Texas for simply voicing their opposition to a bill passed in May that overrode the city's already voter-approved fracking ban. 

If only we would get off big oil already and move toward renewable energy. We have the ability to do it. We just don't. Agree? Disagree? Leave a comment in the comments section below. We'd love to hear your thoughts. 

The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ora Media, LLC its affiliates, or its employees.

More from Jesse Ventura's Off The Grid